Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
As a part of the Deep Security team at Trend Micro, you will participate as part of a dynamic and talented team that develops the next generation of Trend Micro’s security products. Your role will be to design, implement and test high quality software capabilities for data center and cloud based systems using your excellent coding abilities. This is a software development role requiring exceptional programming skills and a high degree of adaptability and creativity. If you love writing beautiful, efficient, and productive code, and have a desire to see your code deliver great value, we want to talk to you.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Will use their exceptional lower level programming skills, primarily in C++ to build innovative and sustainable solutions that solve our customer’s problems.
- Loves to work on a great cross functional team collaborating effectively with various groups to understand business objectives, customer needs and gaps, and deliver on the team objectives
- Has great scripting skills, always prefer to automate in favor of manual work
- Will work on a variety of platforms at varying heights in the stack, has a desire to learn when necessary; Windows and Linux, User mode or kernel
- Is quality focused, believes in unit testing and making their code easily debuggable in the field
- Has a proactive, customer-oriented approach when troubleshooting problems and resolving issues related to product, process and tools.
- Has knowledge of socket programming, virtualization and cloud computing concepts, and networking knowledge
- Has a desire or experience developing secure code and working in a security space
- Has or is pursuing a bachelor of computer science degree (or equivalent)
Educational requirements, certifications or licensing standards, experience and basic knowledge requirements:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Software Developer/Engineer within an Enterprise Product Development team
- 3+ years’ experience with a high level programming language (C/C++)
- 3+ years’ experience and expertise working with database software
- Proficient in troubleshooting, problem solving and root cause analysis of system defects
- Must possess good debugging and troubleshooting skills in Linux/Windows kernel drivers
- Understanding of network protocol is a strong plus; advanced TCPIP, routing, NAT, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, IM, Firewalls, QoS
- Development experience on cloud, virtualization environment is a strong plus
- Good collaboration and communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or Related Field
About Trend Micro Ottawa
The Deep Security R&D team is comprised of highly effective small teams that take ownership for various areas of our product and services. The teams work hard innovating to make the best darn software imaginable. The atmosphere is relaxed, spacious, and we strongly value work/life balance and continued learning. A few specifics:
- Collaborative workspaces with unique and spacious lounge areas
- Flexible hours
- Regular Hack Days!
- Opportunities to pursue training, industry events and conferences
- Global company, global opportunities
- Frequent team activities, project celebrations, and knowledge sharing
- Foosball, ping pong, etc.
- Regular pizza lunches
- Free coffee and tea
- Cheap snacks and sodas
Trend Micro welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.