Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
The US Director of Distribution will be responsible for building, growing and managing our distribution channel and executing the overall distribution channel strategy through key partners to maintain and grow Trend Micro’s position as a cybersecurity leader while growing our world-class partner program.
People Management and Development:
- Above all else, you are passionate about building and maintaining strong partner relationships.
- In addition to leading by personal example, you will be responsible for motivating and managing the distribution sales team to achieve sales targets.
- Excellent communication with distributors, partners, peers, internal teams and executive management within Trend Micro and partners in a succinct way that builds trust and collaboration.
- Ability to think strategic and act tactically by listening, analyzing and making recommendations to internal teams, distributors and partners with facts, passion and with conviction.
- Continually cultivate the sales and marketing talent within the channel organization and address non-performance situations in the most appropriate way.
Share business and management experience with other groups inside Trend Micro.
Achieve Company Revenue Targets:
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Ensures the US distribution strategy is executed with minimum challenges and maximum impact
- As set forth by management through the distribution channel and/or other expanded channels, drives and orchestrates commercial and government opportunities by collaboration with other channel and field sales directors to contribute to company revenue targets.
- Directs individual team member sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Works with the team to develop new channels to market, including the transformation to the cloud, while maintaining and growing the current revenue run rate.
- Recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
Exercise and Manage Resources within Budget:
- Leads the development of, and oversees, partner sales and marketing programs.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performance against programs and plans to determine effectiveness
- Prepares periodic program report showing results and learnings.