Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
The Cloud Services team drives the development of platform, hosted on AWS as well as private cloud. Functions include:
- Monitor sensors around the world for the latest attack information and builds/distributes attack filters
- Distributes Digital Vaccines and software updates, automatically through the AutoDV Web application or manually through client download
- Provide the means for customers to remain current with the latest network security
- Enable users to create logins, register devices, download software updates for licensed devices, and obtain product documentation
- Receive feeds from appliances, parse logs and analyze for anomaly using Big Data
- Collect and store product order, contract, and licensing information
- Aggregating and processing of the threat information for core security solutions
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers primarily in the Java domain. An ideal candidate would be eager to learn, headstrong in finding solutions, love autonomy and deliver quality solution.
- Work as part of a small, high performance team coding in Java related technologies
- Help uncover, investigate and fix issues in the current system
- Participate in business requirements review to build technical specification
- Committed to writing reliable, scalable, testable and maintainable code
- Participate in Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Consider yourself an expert backend Java developer who is confident of understanding and designing scalable systems.
- Can debug and fix difficult problems in large scale services
- Solid understanding of performance and design tradeoffs without compromising quality
- Open to working with team in various geographies.
- Optional international travel once/twice a year to meet with business/technical teams
- Required Expertise:
- Java Core/EE
- Soap/RESTful API
- Any Java Web/App Servers - Apache Tomcat or JBoss or WebLogic
- Any RDBMS Database, PL/SQL
- Skills that would set you apart from other applicants:
- Frameworks - Struts, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Maven, Ant
Trend Micro provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Trend Micro does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy and childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care leave status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.