Discover Trend … Since 1988, Trend Micro has been an internet security pioneer tackling an expanding malware landscape. When you join Trend, you join a unique global family with more than 25 years of history, marked by an entrepreneurial spirit and vision that has assured our products are always on the cutting edge in a very competitive field. Here in Ottawa, the company has a growing office, a great culture and a willingness to give back to our community.
Your role: We are looking for someone to join our team to help build Trend’s next generation cloud data products. As a member of our software development, team you will work on an agile continuous delivery team collaborating with designers, senior developers and architects to deliver product capabilities and features. You will be developing in a full software stack, integrating the latest security techniques and features into a cloud facing product. If you want to write great code and help secure people’s networks, this role is for you.
As a Junior Software developer, you will:
- Be a part of an integrated Agile Development team, working closely with software developers, architects and data scientists from the beginning of the development cycle
- Work on a full stack development environment building a next generation SaaS security product
- Develop features, write tests and become experienced in cutting edge web technologies
- Is quality focused, believes in automation and unit testing and making their code easily debuggable in the field
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- Java development experience, preferably with web applications
- Practical experience using source code and control systems, especially Git
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum practices and processes and experience in an agile team environment
- 1-2 years of professional development experience
- Experience with a variety of SQL (Postgres, MySQL, Hibernate) and NoSQL Databases (Solr, Elasticsearch) technologies
- Experience with either Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services or Azure
A Great Place to Work @ Trend Micro Ottawa
The R&D teams at Trend comprised of highly effective small teams that take ownership for various areas of our product and services. The teams work hard innovating to make the best software imaginable. The atmosphere is relaxed, fun, and we strongly value work/life balance and continued learning … some things about us:
- Collaborative workspaces with unique and spacious lounge areas
- Flexible hours
- Regular Hack Days!
- Opportunities to pursue training, industry events and conferences
- Opportunities to attend Ottawa Events at the Canadian Tire Center Corporate Box
- Global company, global opportunities
- Frequent team activities, project celebrations, and knowledge sharing
- Foosball, ping pong, etc.
- Regular pizza lunches
- Free coffee and tea
- Cheap snacks and sodas
Trend Micro welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.