Discover Trend … Since 1988, Trend Micro has been an internet security pioneer tackling an expanding threat landscape. When you join Trend, you join a unique global family with more than 25 years of history, marked by an entrepreneurial spirit and vision that has assured our products are always on the cutting edge in a very competitive field. Here in Ottawa, the company has a growing office, a great culture and a willingness to give back to our community.
Your role: As an Operations Engineer, you will be critical to our success and will be entrusted with the design, integration, and management of some of our next generation security products. You share our passion for system automation, and will continually identify opportunities to further automate the testing & validation of our world-class solutions. An adept expert with a variety of operating systems, you take a development approach to managing, securing and orchestrating our services offered in the cloud. Working with our customers, you will help adapt our cloud services to best meet our customer needs all the while securing networks around the world.
As a Operations Engineer you will …
- Design, deploy and our support processes for deploying to a global application production environment
- Provide guidelines and best practices for Operations, Continuous Delivery, Automation and Software delivery best practices within our development teams
- Work with the Development teams to design and support our security products and platforms
- Rolling out major changes and provide Tier 2/3 support during maintenance windows
- Document day-to-day activities in our ticketing system
As an Operations Engineer you have …
- 5+ years of hands on experience with deploying and integrating complex systems with a variety of operating system environments
- 2+ years experience with one or more leading public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures (IaaS, PaaS), technologies and services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, OpenStack, Docker, etc)
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. bash, perl, python, ruby)
- Familiarity with DevOps tooling for development (Docker, Vagrant), orchestration (Kubernetes, Google, or AWS cloud) and deployment (Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Experience with variety of SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hibernate/ORM) and/or NoSQL databases (Redis, ElasticSearch).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system)
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree (or equivalent experience in software engineering)
Skills that would set you apart from other applicants …
- Experience with Splunk, Trend Security products
- Experience with Microsoft Products, including PowerShell
About Trend Micro Ottawa
The R&D teams at Trend comprised of highly effective small teams that take ownership for various areas of our product and services. The teams work hard innovating to make the best software we can. The atmosphere is relaxed, fun, and we strongly value work/life balance and continued learning. A few specifics:
- Collaborative workspaces with unique and spacious lounge areas
- Flexible hours
- Opportunities to pursue training, industry events and conferences
- Opportunities to attend events at Canadian Tire Center in our corporate box
- Global company, global opportunities
- Frequent team activities, project celebrations, and knowledge sharing
- Foosball, ping pong, etc.
- Regular pizza lunches
- Free coffee and tea
- Cheap snacks and sodas
Trend Micro welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.