Discover Trend … Since 1988, Trend Micro has been an internet security pioneer tackling an expanding threat landscape. When you join Trend, you join a unique global family with more than 25 years of history, marked by an entrepreneurial spirit and vision that has assured our products are always on the cutting edge in a very competitive field. Here in Ottawa, the company has a growing office, a great culture and a willingness to give back to our community.
Your role: At Trend we are continuing to integrate multiple data sources into searchable repositories to help combat network threats at all levels. Your job at Trend will be focused on secure data acquisition, bringing together data from a wide range of commercial and in-house products for lob ingestion, aggregation and indexing. This critical software enables us to correlate data in a customer’s network to analyze, detect and remediate threats. We are looking for a motivated software engineer to help us develop and deploy these products at cloud scale as part of Trend’s next generation security portfolio.
As a Data Integration Specialist you will …
- Design, develop and deploy data acquisition technologies, integrating with next generation cloud products
- Deploy technology to the cloud, providing millions of points of data at scale, enabling next generation threat analysis and detection
- Work with the Development teams to design and support our security products and platforms
- Work in the security space as well as data collection, improving networks for customers worldwide each and every day
As a Data Integration Specialist Engineer you have …
- 5+ years of hands on experience development experience, involving Java, C/C++, C# and Python
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. Bash, Perl, PowerShell)
- Have Familiarity with DevOps tooling for development (Docker, Vagrant), orchestration (Kubernetes, Google, or AWS cloud) and deployment (Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Experience with variety of SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hibernate/ORM) and/or NoSQL databases (Redis, ElasticSearch).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A focus on quality, and believes in unit testing to make their code easily debuggable in the field
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree (or equivalent experience in software engineering)
Skills that would set you apart from other applicants …
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and products
- Has knowledge or experience developing secure code and/or working in a security space
- Experience with Splunk, Trend Security products
About Trend Micro Ottawa
The R&D teams at Trend comprised of highly effective small teams that take ownership for various areas of our product and services. The teams work hard innovating to make the best software we can. The atmosphere is relaxed, fun, and we strongly value work/life balance and continued learning. A few specifics:
- Collaborative workspaces with unique and spacious lounge areas
- Flexible hours
- Opportunities to pursue training, industry events and conferences
- Opportunities to attend events at Canadian Tire Center in our corporate box
- Global company, global opportunities
- Frequent team activities, project celebrations, and knowledge sharing
- Foosball, ping pong, etc.
- Regular pizza lunches
- Free coffee and tea
- Cheap snacks and sodas
Trend Micro welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.