As a part of the Deep Security team at Trend Micro, you will participate as part of a dynamic and talented team that develops the next generation of Trend Micro’s security products. Your role will be to design and implement high quality software capabilities for data center and cloud based systems. This is a software development role requiring exceptional programming skills, proven software design abilities and a high degree of adaptability and creativity. If you love writing beautiful, efficient, and productive code, and have a passion for seeing your code deliver great value, we want to talk to you.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Will use their exceptional development skills primarily in Java to build innovative and sustainable solutions that solve our customer’s problems. Expertise in C and C++ would be an asset.
- Loves to work on a great cross functional team collaborating effectively with various groups to understand business objectives, customer needs and gaps, and deliver on the team objectives
- Has great scripting skills, and would always prefer to automate in favor of manual work
- Works fluently on a variety of platforms at varying heights in the web stack, has a desire to learn when necessary
- Is quality focused, believes in unit testing and making their code easily debuggable in the field
- Has a proactive, customer-oriented approach when troubleshooting problems and resolving issues related to product, process and tools.
- Has experience in socket programming, knowledge of virtualization and cloud computing concepts and technologies, and proven networking knowledge
- Has knowledge or experience developing secure code and/or working in a security space
- Has a bachelor of computer science degree (or equivalent), advanced degree desired
About Trend Micro Ottawa
The Deep Security R&D team is comprised of highly effective small teams that take ownership for various areas of our product and services. The teams work hard innovating to make the best darn software imaginable. The atmosphere is relaxed, spacious, and we strongly value work/life balance and continued learning. A few specifics:
- Collaborative workspaces with unique and spacious lounge areas
- Flexible hours
- Regular Hack Days!
- Opportunities to pursue training, industry events and conferences
- Global company, global opportunities
- Frequent team activities, project celebrations, and knowledge sharing
- Foosball, ping pong, etc.
- Regular pizza lunches
- Free coffee and tea
- Cheap snacks and sodas
Trend Micro welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.